Our client’s vape battery spontaneously combusted in his pants pocket while he was driving on the highway. The client was able to pull his vehicle over and removed his pants. He had suffered painful third-degree burns to his leg and hands. The client’s wounds needed to be abraded which involved scrubbing of the burned skin to remove debris from where the battery had melted in his pants. Our client also required skin grafts and is left with significant permanent scarring.
After the lawsuit was filed, we were able to negotiate and obtain a substantial settlement for our client from the in-state vape store that had sold the defective replacement batteries.