Baltimore Bicycle Accident Injury Attorneys
Experienced Bicycle Injury Lawyers in Baltimore
Bicyclists face a significant risk of injury, and even death, every time they go out on the road. Tragically, thousands of cyclists in the United States are seriously or fatally injured every year in traffic accidents caused by drivers of motor vehicles.
Bicycle accidents are often caused by a motorist’s negligence or inattentiveness on the road. Driver behavior that can lead to serious bike accidents includes:
- A motor vehicle driver turning directly in front of a cyclist without using a turn signal.
- A driver pulling out from a street or driveway in front of a cyclist.
- A driver failing to yield at an intersection, or ignoring a red light or stop sign.
- A driver that is distracted or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Unfortunately, far too many bicyclists suffer serious, or even fatal injuries every year in traffic accidents that were not their fault. Here are some troubling statistics that demonstrate how widespread the problem of Bicycle Accidents has become throughout the U.S:
- In 2014, 726 bicyclists were killed in traffic accidents, and an estimated 50,000 were injured.
- In 2014, the average age of fatally injured bicyclists was 45 years old. This tells us that a majority of cyclists that are killed in traffic crashes are not children and young adults, but are often riders with years of experience.
- The number of bicyclists killed in traffic accidents has increased every year since 2010, rising more than 19% during that period.
Drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles have an obligation to share the road with bicycles. When motorists fail to live up to their responsibilities to safely and responsibly share the road with bikes, the results can be devastating.
In spite of the serious risk of injury they face on the road, bicyclists are often not treated fairly by insurance companies after being involved in a traffic accident. Studies have shown that cyclists often receive between 30%-40% less for their injuries in settlements than drivers of motor vehicles that suffered the same injuries.
At The Yost Legal Group, our experienced Baltimore bicycle accident lawyers fight hard every day to ensure that injured cyclists get the justice they deserve. When you trust The Yost Legal Group with your Bicycle Accident case, our legal team will:
- Investigate all damage that occurred to your bicycle, including chipped paint, stressed metal and bent wheels, and fight to secure compensation from the insurance company for your damaged property.
- Inspect the scene of the accident and counter a motorist’s typical claims that the bicyclist was somehow at fault for the accident.
- Examine your medical records and employment history to secure the maximum compensation for your pain, suffering, medical bills and lost wages.
Whether you ride a bike to commute to work or school, to get some great exercise, or simply for pleasure, you need the protection of The Yost Legal Group. If you or a loved one has been injured while riding a bicycle in an accident that was not your fault, call 1-800-YOST-LAW (967-8529) right away.
When you call, you will speak with an experienced Baltimore bicycle accident injury attorney absolutely FREE. At The Yost Legal Group, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front. We take all cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you owe us nothing unless we recover for you.
At The Yost Legal Group, we don’t get paid until you do.
The Yost Legal Group – Experienced Attorneys Dedicated to Protecting Your Rights