Be Safe This Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day weekend is one of the busiest holidays for driving on America’s roadways. Be sure to follow these safe-driving tips to have a safe and accident free holiday weekend.
– Prepare your car for traveling long distances. Make sure to service your car’s cooling system and radiator. Check fluids and wiper blades. Taking time to perform simple maintenance on your vehicle can eliminate many problems that strand motorists.
– Plan ahead. It is helpful to map your travel route, being careful to mark road signs and exit ramps. Research construction areas that may be on your way in order to avoid lengthy delays. Sometimes drivers cut across traffic in order to make their exit ramp, so be aware of the cars driving next to you.
– Leave early to avoid the majority of traffic. There will most likely be delays wherever you are traveling to this Labor Day weekend. Know your limitations and do not drive if you are tired, distracted, or ill.
– Be aware of tractor-trailers. They are heavier then passenger vehicles and take a longer time to come to a complete stop, so do not drive too closely behind them. And be careful when passing a big rig on your right or left. Never travel in a big rigs blind spot. If you can’t see its side mirrors, the driver of the truck cannot see you.
– Always wear a seatbelt. The National Safety Council estimates hundreds of injuries can be prevented this Labor Day weekend if everyone is buckled up. The Council also states that the best defense against a drunk driver is to wear a seatbelt.
– Limit distractions while driving. Avoid playing with the radio or turning around to speak with a backseat passenger. Never fidget with your phone, iPod or GPS system while driving. Distracted drivers kill and injure thousands of innocent people each year.
– Don’t drink and drive! The 2014 national drunk driving enforcement crackdown “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” is in effect August 13 to September 1, 2014.
If you or a loved one is ever injured in a tractor-trailer accident, a car accident or any other type of accident call The Yost Legal Group for help. We’ll speak with you for free to discuss your situation and help you to understand your rights.
If we take your case we will do so on a no win/no fee or expense basis only. That means you do not pay a fee or expense unless you recover.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, call 1-800-YOST-LAW (1-800-967-8529) to speak to one of our attorneys today.
The Yost Legal Group, Experienced Lawyers Dedicated to Protecting your Rights.