Baltimore Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers
We know truck accident law in Baltimore
When semis or tractor-trailers collide with other automobiles on the roadways of Maryland, it is inevitable that the driver of the smaller vehicle bears the brunt of the damages and injuries sustained in the crash. Motorcyclists are even more susceptible to serious injury in collisions. The fact is that most semi drivers cannot see smaller vehicles that are driving behind or even right alongside them.
The personal injury and wrongful death attorneys at The Yost Legal Group make it their priority to get for their clients the best compensation possible and punish negligent tractor trailer or semi drivers to the fullest extent of the law. Collisions with these dangerous vehicles can lead to serious injuries and death, and our Baltimore truck accident lawyers know how to protect your rights and help you get the money you deserve.
The basis for any good personal injury or wrongful death case is the plaintiff’s ability to prove fault. The experienced truck accident injury attorneys at the Yost Legal Group will work closely with accident reconstruction experts, while also checking various other factors that could contribute in proving fault. These factors include:
• Driver’s logbook
• Maintenance records
• Driving records
• Weights and loads
• Equipment checks
• Defective parts (including brakes on the semi or defective seat-belts or airbags in the car)
If there are any witnesses to the accident they may be asked to testify as well. The attorneys at The Yost Legal Group will thoroughly investigate your claim in our effort to get you the compensation you deserve for your injury.
Truck Accident Facts
• Large trucks are more likely to get into fatal, multi-car accidents than are smaller vehicles
• 98% of the fatalities from trucking accidents are absorbed by the passengers or driver of the smaller vehicle
• The majority of fatal truck accidents happen in rural areas, in the daytime, and on weekdays.
• 27% of all truck drivers involved in an accident have had prior speeding convictions, compared to 19% of the drivers of passenger vehicles.
• Defects contribute to a large number of these accidents. Defective equipment can include brakes, steering wheel, engine, tires, etc.
If you have been injured in an accident involving a tractor-trailer or if a loved one has been killed in an accident, please contact the Yost Legal Group to schedule a free consultation with one of our qualified personal injury or wrongful death attorneys. The Yost Law Group serves accident victims in Baltimore, Maryland, and surrounding areas.