Many birth injuries are preventable. But doctors do not always tell you when they make a mistake. Medical providers are entrusted with the responsibility of anticipating problems in prenatal care and during labor and delivery based upon routine tests and monitoring.
When the doctor does not act safely, all too frequently, there are significant catastrophic results.
- The Center for Disease Control estimates that 10,000 children are born in the United States each year with Cerebral Palsy. Cerebral Palsy can be caused by birth trauma when a baby is deprived of oxygen during delivery.
If you have questions about a birth injury, call the experienced lawyers at The Yost Legal Group to get answers. Contact us for a free initial consultation.
If we find that your child’s injuries were preventable, we will help you to obtain a lifetime of care for your child.
Possible causes of birth injuries include:
- Breech Delivery
- Delayed Cesarean Section
- Fetal Distress
- Placental Abruption
- Medical Negligence
- Shoulder Dystocia
These birth injuries can cause:
Other traumatic birth injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain Stem Injuries
- Closed Head Injury
- Anoxia and Hypoxia
- Prenatal Asphyxia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Failure to Notice Fetal Distress
- Spinal Cord Trauma
- Intracranial Hemorrhage
Has your child suffered from a birth injury due to medical negligence? The laws governing medical negligence state that you have a right to hold health care professionals liable for these and other circumstances:
- Prolonged or difficult labor
- Failure to detect an umbilical cord wrapped around the infant’s neck
- Failure to quickly perform emergency C-section
- Failure to test and treat pregnancy-related conditions
- Misdiagnosis of pregnancy-related conditions
- Failure to detect negative fetal vital signs
Help is Available
There is no more joyous occasion than the birth of a child. Unfortunately for some parents, their joy is marred by physical injury or deformity directly related to the birthing process.
Free consultation: Call 1-800-YOST LAW or complete the contact form below to learn more about how we can help.
You will carry the burden and expense of your child’s care for a lifetime. To find out more about your rights, and how you can obtain the compensation you deserve to help you care for your child, please contact the experienced and knowledgeable birth injury attorneys at The Yost Legal Group.CLICK HERE TO READ OUR BLOGS ON BIRTH INJURIES